PROFESSIONAL POND CLEANING & MAINTENANCE SERVICE IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY
INCLUDING BERGEN, PASSAIC, ESSEX, UNION, HUDSON, MORRIS & SUSSEX COUNTIES
Get a quote
Spring is just around the corner here in Northern New Jersey, and before you know it you will be outside enjoying the weather and all the wonder and excitement of your beautiful pond again, which brings us to the topic of preparing your pond for Spring and the upcoming season. We recommend that your pond receive a full cleaning at least once per year to help maintain its low maintenance and beautiful appearance. Failure to perform an annual clean out could result in increased maintenance or fish health issues. All customers receive an estimate for their clean out. If we have serviced your pond in the past or if we installed your pond we can give you an accurate price for your cleaning once you have contacted us. If you would like to hire Premium Aquascapes to perform your spring maintenance services please fill out the Spring Pond Maintenance form to receive your clean out Pricing or a Pond Profile.
Please be aware, we have many clients who have been loyal to our services for many years, and many of these same clients have very large features and Koi. For the safety and health of their Koi they are always taken care of first when our season starts. We then begin servicing clients based on areas and type of feature. This way we can work most efficiently. We do require new clients to pay a small non refundable deposit to be placed on our service list.
POND CLEAN OUT DETAILS
- Drain, Rinse & Pond Refill
- Pond Sludge Removal
- Thin out overgrown aquatic plants
- Removal of excess debris and leaves
- Fish Health Check
- Pond Water Quality Inspection
- Lighting Check
- Pump Maintenance Inspection
- Pond Filters Cleaning/Inspection
- Pond, Stream & Waterfall Face lift (Adjust Rocks, Add Gravel, Etc.)
What is the Process?
Some of you know what this entails, but for those that are new to water gardening here is the rundown of how we perform Pond Cleanings in Northern New Jersey:
- FIRST (and most importantly!) get your name on the Spring Clean out roster. We service hundreds of water gardens beginning when the ice thaws, so waiting is NOT your best option!
- We will call or email you (from the info you provide on the info form) to schedule a Pond Profile or to give you your Pond Clean cost.
- You will need to submit your Spring Pond Clean out Deposit in order to get on our Calendar.
- Once your Deposit is received you will need to complete the Consult Form to provide details of your specific pond needs for your Spring Pond Maintenance.
- On Pond clean out day, be sure to have your garden hose outside (and the water turned on!), waterfall pump(s) and other components readily available and your water garden electrical outlet turned on.
- Premium Aquascapes will now get down & dirty with your water feature! We will drain the water (temporarily housing the Fish if you have them). Once drained down they will trim back and fertilize aquatic plants, check underwater light bulbs or fixtures, if the lights are bad they can be replaced with new LED lights for an additional cost, re-adjust rocks & gravel and finally install the waterfall pump. When all of this is finished, they will begin refilling the water feature (and re-introducing your fish if you have them). Any requested water treatment products will be left for you.
- If your water garden includes a pond with fish, upon finishing your clean out we will refill the pond with enough water to re-introduce your fish. For Larger ponds YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FINISHING THE FILLING PROCESS AND PLUGGING IN THE WATERFALL PUMP (We have estimated your labor costs based on this assumption to keep your clean out costs to a minimum).